Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Southern Girls wear cast iron skirts and channel Mary Ellen Hopkins


Here's one that I designed several years ago for Mary Ellen Hopkins' Quilt Sitter Circle organization and remade a few months ago.  Now that I live in the deep south,  I know that we southern ladies can stand on our heads without displaying the lace on our rigorously ladylike and proper thongs.  We're willful enough to make our skirts defy gravity. This quilt aptly demonstrates proves that hypothesis.

 And is the phrase "rigorously ladylike and proper thongs" a contradiction ? Is it even seemly to group those words together in a sentence?

See if you can find the free spirit.  I named this design "Connecting Up With Your Inner Child". It was inspired by Mary Ellen Hopkins.  If you know her, you love her.  And she's probably a thong kinda grandma.  She's free wheeling like that.

Mischele


1 comment:

'ticia said...

Chele

Only you and I could spend time cutting and sewing that many little pieces; reminds me of my itty bitty houses.

Looks great! But she doesn't have a shooter or a margarita............tish